Sunday, August 2, 2009

Quick Wilderness 101 Recap

This is the abridged version. As some pictures trickle in, I'll do a more detailed write-up.

Decided after the good time at Mohican that I wanted to do a hundred-miler. Wilderness 101 it was.

Man it was hard. Rigid fork was difficult proposition for the day, and as a result, my body got a workout after some 2 mile long descents at 20 miles-an-hour.

First half of the course was fast with a lot of road climbs and double track. After about 50 miles shit hit the fan. The trail was a lot more technical than this Ohio boy was used to. It was a trip trying to ride some of this stuff being as tired as I was.

When all was said and done I ended up 20th in Singlespeed, 77th Overall, at 9 hours 26 minutes. I'll take that.

I think I'm going to do Shenandoah in a month, who's in?

3 comments:

SG said...

thats awesome dude! I can't imagine spending that much time in the saddle!

Andrew Miller said...

Dude awesome ride! Super impressed. We need to get out and do a ride again sometime soon!

Feel It: The Factory Rider said...

I drove by shenandoah on the way out to North Carolina for vacation and its actually a pleasent drive. Rock walls and you are in the valley the whole way on the highway. That is, if you go the right way!

Great job man this weekend, group ride wednesday with andrew?