Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Stylin' At OECR

With the Mohican 100k less than three weeks away. I realized it was time to get my ass in gear. Andrew and I planned to go to Mohican State Park today. Everything was going according to plan until...

I finish loading my stuff into Andrew's car. What am I forgetting; oh great, my shoes. They're in North Royalton at my parents' house, a mere 45 minutes away from us in Kent, and completely the wrong way from Mohican.

So, after a quick change in plans, Andrew and I were off to my parents' house and then the OECR trail in Cuyahoga Heights.

The trail was fun. Reminded me of Quail Hollow with a slightly higher chance of death. Because of the non-technical nature of the trail, what better opportunity to dick around. And dick around I did.

Check out this radditute in full-size by clicking on it:
033
009
Pretty sick eh?!

But as far as riding, the conditions led to some pretty fast laps of the 2.5 or so mile course. Andrew and I took some warm ups and decided that hitting some laps at a slightly elevated pace would be the ticket. We were off, and as our luck had it, this didn't last too long as he had a mechanical and an unfortunate run in with a tree.

I too had a bit of a losing run in with a tree. A bit less knuckle skin, a scraped shoulder, and a bruised ego later, we were back at the car.

18 miles on the day, not too bad for my day off. Click the photo to be taken to my flickr stream of the rest of the days pictures.

017

No comments: