Monday, June 15, 2009

Vultures Knob Pukefest

Raced at the Knob this past weekend. Super fun as usual, course was in good shape, but some drizzle during the race led to some slick rocks that claimed my hip right by the over-under bridge.



I was picking through the tricky stuff right before the turn onto the bridge. Rody from Groovy Cycleworks and some other onlookers were yelling at me to stay loose, and loose I got. Front wheel slid out, hip check right on a rock. I think I've got a hematoma or something gross and purple going on. Nonetheless, lucked out on the day and ended up first in Sport Senior at somewhere around 1:26.

Legs felt great, my stupid mistakes were kept to a minimum, and the new 32x18 gear ratio was feelin' oh-so-good. Turned in some hot laps with Roger The scary part is that my lap times would have still put me in dead last in expert. I've still got a ton of work to put in. Yikes!

Good job to the dynamic duo ofRobert and Julie. Three podiums back to North Royalton ain't half bad.


So here comes the puke part.



This race was the first annual Wootown Singlespeed somethin-or-other Race.

The race had us doing three laps around the kiddie course and doing various nasty things throughout. Lap two entailed a cup of pepperocinis and monster energy drink. I ended up having burning hiccups for the next three hours. On that note, I'm outta here.

No comments: