Sunday, January 4, 2009

Black Metal Cleanin'

If I ever get my mom to read the blog she'll be proud of this post. I finally got bored enough on my seemingly never ending winter break that I did something drastic. 

I cleaned up my work area, which was pretty much looked like a F5 shitnado blew through, leaving the twisted wreckage of old bike parts, greasy paper towels and old, musty smelling coffee cups. 

Before:

And the much improved after:


This took a good freaking while to do and I was listening to some awesome jams to expedite the process a bit. 

First up was Integrity's always classic Humanity is the Devil. 

I forgot how good this album is. I grew up on Cleveo hardcore, and this was a staple. Pretty much the brootal shred that Integrity is known for. 

Album number two that I was getting down upon is one of my biggest suprises of 2008; Darkthrone - Dark Thrones and Black Flags.



Pretty interesting thought that a black metal band made my favorite punk rock album of the year, but it seems like Darkthrone is departing from their more traditional black metal style and letting their punk influences come through. 

So with all these good jams going I had the productivity juices pumping throughout my veins. Next up was fixing my little brother's bike. It was pretty simple, the only real time consuming thing was truing his long neglected wheel. Peep the picture. 


This wheel endeavor was awesome because it gave me good reason to put in some quality time with my expensive-ass truing stand, which has in all honesty been collecting dust. It also helped me brush up on my skills which as stated before have been a bit underutilized. 

I'm off to Ray's with the doggs today, so I'm sure I'll have some flicks and potentially a video of myself getting the bmx shred on. I should probably focus on getting someone to read this instead. Time to hit up the blogosphere (please kill me for saying blogosphere.)

No comments: