Friday, January 2, 2009

Good Weather Continues

Rode by the parents' house today.

  • 32.98 miles
  • 1 hour 48 minutes
  • 17.9 mph average
Full ride report to come.

Here it is:

After dropping Michelle off at Valley View so she could catch a movie with her family, I headed back to my parents' house in North Royalton. 

After talking with the family and with a delicious sandwich compliments of mom in my stomach I was off. Fleet Foxes' self titled album was on myPod and I was feeling ok, all thought I think I need myself some shoe covers.

I cruised down State, and hung a right on the Valley parkway, westbound.

I wish I would have brought my camera. I always seem to forget how beautiful the area is. Depending on how the job market looks after I graduate in the spring, I may not be in NE Ohio for much longer, and I can safely say that the park system is one of the things I'm going to miss most about the area. Dang beautiful. 

So the ride wasn't anything too spectacular on my end. I was having some dink issues with my Terry Dragonfly saddle, so I got sick of fiddlin' with fit and put my Brooks B17 on immediately after the ride. But the pace was pretty all right, which I can pretty much attribute to the ride being entirely downhill. 

So going through NR, Strongsville, and Berea. When I eventually got to the East Branch of the Rocky River, my toes were freezing and I decided to hit it homeward bound style. 

The gradually uphill ride back east was not as fun feeling as the ride downhill, but I'm not too surprised about that. I seriously need to work on some hill climbing, as the hill between Bennett and Ridge was a killer. I thought I was going to die when I finally got my slightly-overweight ass up to the top.

All in all a pretty deece cruise.

No comments: