Sunday, January 25, 2009

Winter's Wrath

Not too much going on today, spent some quality time with the girlfriend. Got some really good Thai food at Thai Gourmet, right across the street from Eddy's Bike Shop.I was about to stop in to see if there was anything I wanted to pick up for the rides, but I realized with my recent $230(!!!) electric bill I probably should hold off. Plus I'm more of a Century Cycles kinda guy anyway.

So lack of motivation aside, I spent a half hour on the rollers today just to keep the legs loose. I put a longer stem on my Cross Check and I think I like it, 0 degree rise and 110mm in length. So time to get a more permanent replacement.

The last item on the agenda for the day was putting my Long Haul Trucker on the repair stand for some long overdue maintenance, as the pictures show. This, folks, is what happens if you don't hose down your bike after 2 weeks of an Ohio winter commute. Yikes!




It sucks to see probably my favorite bike out of the whole stable get beat to shit by winter, but the good thing is after a bit of wax and Phil's lube, it should be back in business.

Time to get some sleep, as I've got class from 9:15am to 8:30pm tomorrow with no breaks. Oh joy.

No comments: