Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Found someone to ride with!

The Camba site is one of my daily visits to learn about the goings-on in the Northeast Ohio mountain bike scene.

Why am I telling you this, you ask? Well through the site, I ended up getting in touch with Andrew who lives like five miles away from me. Small world. He posted up on his blog that he was riding around the valley, and heck, I love riding around the valley. So after a few emails back in forth, it was set.

We took off today at about 1pm from his place in Tallmadge. Cruised on to Munroe Falls, and picked up the Hike and Bike at Galt Park. Here I am lookin' swauve at Route 8. Click on the photo to be taken to Andrew's blog and read his ride report too!


We ended up taking the hike and bike to Barlow road, and heading West past Akron-Peninsula Rd. We then bombed down Truxell into the valley. Fun as usual.


So when you're in the valley, what do you do? Climb some hills!

Here's Andrew going up Boston Mills Rd.
IMG_0873

So after my arse made it up alive, we hung a right on Olde 8 and headed south towards 303. Right on 303, and what do you know, another fun descent.

After a fun descent comes a not-so-fun climb. Truxell served that purpose and got us back home free to Kent.

Uphill
IMG_0876
Downhill
IMG_0875

All in all it was pretty neat to find someone to ride with it my area. Hopefully I keep up the mileage and soon to come are the hill repeats. Oh my...

Stats!
• 56.26 miles in 3:43

2 comments:

Andrew Miller said...

Awesome report man, love the pictures, I'll be downloading them ;) I've found one of my friends has some maps around Hartville area so we might have to try those. I'm always up for trying new roads and it will be nice to switch things up. I'll let you know when I'm going out next.

Feel It: The Factory Rider said...

I "bombed" down Truxell two sundays ago after a snow storm and there was a good 2 inches on the road by the Manatoc MTB trailhead. Fun ride, hope the weather loosens up for us weenies.