Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lake to Lake

The schedule at work got revamped, so I get Tuesdays off now. Greatest thing to ever happen to me.

I guess we can thank global warming, because it is 54 degrees here in Ohio as I right this. Up yours Al Gore.

Today was as good as any to shake the cobwebs off and get out on the old steed. Because of the sheer amount of homework I've got, I needed to make it sort of quick, so I gave myself two hours.

Poking around mapmyride, I found the Pedal with Pete route. It seemed pretty good and combined some roads I'm on a lot with some I'm not too familiar with, so why not give it a shot.

So Cross Check underneath me, I was off.

Leaving the house, cruising up Hudson Rd, I swung a left on Johnson Rd.
IMG_0855

Since it's farm land, the lack of trees made the headwind a real treat.

So going on, I'm feeling actually pretty fresh in the legs today, and the weather helped immensely. Not trying to sound too excited, but I had to take off my long sleeve wool jersey and ride in my short sleeve underneath. Unreal.

Crusin along good. Newcomer, Cook, Stow Rd, etc etc, and then the route led me to some wild side streets I'm not too familiar with.

They were smooth, wide open, traffic free, and most importantly downhill. No complaints.
IMG_0856

So after actually finding out where I was, I was dumped off at a familiar site. Graham Rd and Silver Lake.

Silver Lake is where the bourgeois in the greater Kent area live, I'm pretty sure. The houses are niceeeeeeeeeeeeee. Here are a couple 'o snaps, including one of my handsome mug.
IMG_0857
IMG_0860
IMG_0859

Maybe one day my college education will pay off, and I'll have a big house. Heh, yeah right.

After cruisin through Silver Lake, I was feeling particularly spry, and I figured I'd give the beloved MUP path a look-see and see what was up. No business there. Tons of snow on it.

I decided to man up and ride up 59 from Silver Lake. I figured the traffic would keep me sharp in the reflexes.

So taking 59 to 91 and hanging a right on Graham again, I was headed back toward Kent. When I got there I decided I was feeling good so off to Brady Lake.

I cruised down Lake Street, hung a right, and did a loop around the lake. It was downright scenic, beautiful some might say. Too bad my dumb ass left the camera in the saddle bag. Whoops.

So after my second lake sighting of the day, I hung a right on Merril, which is always nice and smooth and fast. Worked my way back to Lake Rockwell Rd, Ravenna Rd, Hudson Rd. Home free.

I'm going to be sad to see this weather go. Here's to spring.

• 34.5
• 1:58
• 17.4 mph average

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

up yours al gore? cuz that dude wants us all to be cold(?!)

John Proppe said...

Scientifically proven that Al Gore singlehanded caused global warming.

It was a joke.

Andrew Miller said...

I'm just glad to see I'm not the only ones out on the road during this winter.