Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Double Down

Good day today. My apologies for no pictures, but I was too busy killing myself to take some snaps.

I started off going to Quail Hollow to put in some laps. The legs felt great today, 4 laps in a hair over an hour, so about 16 miles total. I face planted once pretty dramatically trying to bunnyhop over a downed tree. My first few laps it worked well, but I was so pooched that I tagged my back wheel and whammo to the face. Glad the ground was nice and soft and my face is nice and hard, as the damage was minimal.

Ran back to the house super quick to get ready for the Summit freewheeler ride down at the Botzum trailhead. I think I'm a little too scatterbrained, and as a result I have a serious problem with being on time for anything.

After getting food, airing up the tires on the Waterford, and changing shoes and socks, it was 5pm. Shit. So I hop on the Waterford and hauled ass down into the valley.

I made it as far as Akron-Peninsula and Bolanz by the ride start time of 5:45. Luckliy Andrew is a bit more prompt than me, and I gave him a call and he told me that they were headed up towards me. So after ten minutes of sitting around I met up with the Freewheelers, and we were headed up Truxell. It turns out the way they were taking me was back towards Kent, so I peeled off midway to head home. 36 miles on the roadie. Big ups to whoever was in the green SUV and honked and gave me a wave on Graham. The headwind sucked towards the end of my ride and that gave me a little boost.

So safe to say I'm spent. I'm sitting here listening to Bongripper (yes, they do have the coolest name of any doom metal band ever) pretty much being crushed by how heavy they are, half falling asleep.

Thinking about either going to Quail again tomorrow or maybe riding up to the parents' house in NR. Weather is looking pretty shit and my Cross Check is in pieces, so maybe not. I've also got some new parts coming in for the Salsa, so all of you out there in blog-land can peep them tomorrow.

No comments: